Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Imhotep #7




Imhotep #7
72pg, A4, pro-printed, English

Interview
Katatonia, Enslaved, Malevolence, Soledad, Nile, Rebaelliun, Agathodaimon, Rhapsody, Opera IX, The Black League

This is a quite well-known in the underground. Roy Kristensen, the editor and with co-editor Sauli Vuoti and 3 contributors made this issue possible. I remembered having flyers of one of Imhotep issue in the 90's. But back then I don’t have money to buy a copy. I also remembered in some reviews I read, about the small font size. This issue is called "Invitation". This is my first Imhotep, very sad to say that.

Before start reading the zine, I thought I'm going to fall asleep reading a zine with lots of small text, less graphic or not in cut and paste. Unfortunately, no. The questions are quite elaborated and the answers are quite interesting and very long too. Some interview supposed to be featured in Slayer Mag but somehow it did not materialize and was printed here.

The layout, beside the small fonts, they are in 2 columns per page in normal desktop publishing layout. Not anything fancy. The pages are numbered and have table of content. Rhapsody poster in centerfold and in full color.

The review covers demo (rated out of 5), Album (alphabetically arranged, rated out of 7 or 5 or in percentage), zine review (alphabetically arranged and also rated) and also reviews on Live show and on books.

I guess I am a bit lucky in having this old issue. Looking from their website, looks like instead of retiring, like they evolved into a webzine project and having some digital issues available.

Web
www.imhotep.no

No comments:

Post a Comment