Sunday, June 18, 2023

Kitab Tumis Metalhead (2020)

 






Kitab Tumis Metalhead (2020)
24 pages, Malay, pro-printed

This is not a music fanzine/magazine. It is a cookbook! The first one coming from Malaysian metal scene. 

Most you will relate this with Annick’s Hellbent for Cooking: The Heavy Metal Cookbook. Actually, this is only 'metal' cookbook I have so my knowledge in this kind of publication is limited. But the editor made it easy for me (as mentioned here) and the readers. Beside The Heavy Metal Cookbook (2010), there is also Mosh Potatoes (2010) and Dark Side of The Spoon (2017) released so far, making Kitab Tumis Metalhead is the fourth of its kind in the world.

The man behind this project is Rammy ‘Barbarossa’ Azmi. He's behind many projects either band, label or zine.

Nice layout, hard cover and pages are printed in glossy paper with colours. Beside the recipe and the step-by-step, there is also some notes by him on every recipe. There is also info on the band/zine and their logo beside their dish.

All are male here as you know except Ratna of Kathgor. I am not a sexist here, but male can cook too, not like me. Looking at the pictures, they look delicious. Only the name of some of the dish is something to be scared off like ‘Sotong Darkness’, ‘Nasgor Bangkai Gelama’ or ‘Laksa Goreng Hammer Smashed Face’.

The list of Dishes:
Nasgor Bangkai Gelama (by Barbarossa of Wreckar)
Daging Masak Kultyit (by Dr. Noorwan of Thanatopsis Zine)
Laksa Goreng Hammer (by Remie Deen of Atomicdeath)
Rendang Ayam Hijau Berapi (by Ratna of Kathgor)
Sotong Darkness (by Adib of Sick Society)
Ayam Masak Merah Power (by Beno of Thrashit)
Nasi Goreng Tolo Bapa (by Rohjaat of Ajal)
Chicken Nugget Udon (by Tajol of Iron Moth)
Agar-Agar Santan (by Muddy of Dosa)
The Masala dan Kurma (by Barbarossa of Wreckar)

This was released in Ramadhan 2020 but haven't notice newer edition after. Just before uploading this review, I found their Facebook page. They have videos of band’s line-up cooking dishes. Never thought they can come up with such thing. Interesting.

Just a story. I didn’t check properly what I was buying because the front cover looks great. When the mail arrived, I just put it my bag and took it with me to the hospital. I had a scheduled operation during Ramadhan that year. So, I thought after the ops, I can read this while recuperating in the ward. After I open the white envelope, then… WTF?? Not something I expected at all LOL

Contact
Rakap Besi
No. 8, Jalan Seberang Jaya 1/2,
Taman Seberang Jaya,
02000 Kuala Perlis,
Perlis, Malaysia

rakapbesi at gmail dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment