Saturday, September 11, 2021

Hellawaits #1 (2003)




Years ago, Grundar Production made some discounts for their mailorder and bought some zine and tape. Hard to resist "Buy 2 free 1" offer especially for old local zine as old as 2002. I immediately send my orders. Not sure what has happen that make them these zine still available there. Some zine are wrapped in plastic wrapper which preserved the zine in a good condition. 

So all zine bought from them is also tagged/labelled as Grundar and I suggest you check this label out, releasing some good grind/brutal death stuffs.

Hellawaits  #1 (2003)
52 pg, A5, xerox, English

Interviews
Manggas, Bilharzia, Destinity, Dhemit, Kekal, As Sahar, Negation, Nosferial, Korihor, Abvul Abashy, Crimson Fall, Rudra, Pyron, Narcotic Greed, Kult Ov Azazel, Violator, The Ravens, Mantak, Arkhaytulmayt, Raspatul, Demonification, War666, Darkfall

The best layout for a local zine released at the time. I was surprised at this when I first bought this issue many years ago. Like reading a small version of Terrorizer. Very consistent and fancy layout. The editors Vorn Azazeal and Aliv Khafankalust did a very good job here. Have table of content, page number, 2 columns, small fonts.

The interviews are OK. The has a section called "Hellish Reveal" which is band's biography. You can find bio of well-known and underground bands including their own band, 'Dark Invincible'.

Reviews (cassette/CD) are rated. Not many getting the 'poison skull' (the graphic which you can normally see on poisonous stuff) which means 'killer release'. There is also zine review. They are very specific on the review. I think I need to find Steel Madness #2 to find out what are the mistakes on page 34 & 79. Anyone can lend me your copy?

There is a 'special report' which they compile answer from bands and individuals on the topic "Can black metal exist without satanic ideology" but I don't read them till the end because I don't care about this ideology thingy.

My copy is hand-numbered #190.

No comments:

Post a Comment