Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Ranjau Metal #3 (2010)




Ranjau Metal #3 (2010)
A4, xerox, Malay

Interview
Modar, Symphonize Labyrinth, Emperor Magazine, Catarrh, Torch, Hereafter, Au Revoir, Metal Zone Distro, Soul Devour, Sindraz

Bio
Blackfire, Hereafter

Layout still need some work like the previous issue. They did cut n paste style with the whole interview of Modar printed from web browser. They compiled flyers and put it all in one section at the back of the zine.

Reviews covers music and zine and they are not rated. Zine review is more like words copied from the zine's flyer.

They have Torch again in the zine but some questions already asked in #1. This one I don't understand why.

They also become a distro now, namely Empayar Distro Production. Their distro list is available in this issue.

Lastly, again, a "No drugs" poster which taken from a Malay translated Hong Kong comics back cover is being used here. You old folks still remember those comic like Juara Wira, Pedang Setiawan, Alam Perwira or Raja Rimba?

Damn! Now I remember that I bought this comic called Senjata Misteri since high school and the series ended after I start working (that's after I finish my degree in 2004/05). This mean I went to the newsstand every 2 weeks for like 9 years just to but Senjata Misteri. That is a serious dedication.

Back to Ranjau Metal, #3 is not the latest one. I saw couple of newer issues (I think) from some local distro. I will get that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment